WHY DOES DIET CONTAIN THE WORD "DIE" IN IT?!

Today is the first day of my "die-t!" I've gained a few extra pounds from having some female problems in the past so I've decided to try to get these pounds off before they drive me completely insane!

I have a personal trainer that I train with twice a week and I walk at least 30 minutes a day; sometimes an hour. I also eat pretty well but instead of losing weight, I've simply been maintaining the weight, despite all the exercise. And that just sucks!

So yesterday I took my "die-t" to the next level and enrolled in Jenny Craig. I have to admit that I have a little trepidation when it comes to Jenny Craig. First, I'm a whole foods eater. I don't eat a lot of processed and packaged food - at all. Okay, maybe the occasional Amy's organic frozen pizza or rice bowl but that's about it. I'm just not a Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice dinner entree kind of eater. I don't even own a microwave! (Yes, I know it's 2011!) So getting a whole week's worth of processed food in boxes which requires cooking in a microwave does have me a little intimidated to say the least. It only takes about 30 seconds to nuke an entree but at least 30 minutes to cook the meal in my convection oven. Which means a little extra planning on my part. There will be no nuking of the food. I'm already making the concession of eating processed food. I will not add insult to injury and "nuke" the "die-t" food.


Luckily, I can add my own fruits, salads and vegetables to supplement the processed dinners and snacks. This morning for my first meal of the Jenny Craig plan, I had a small yogurt, half an apple, 8 0z of skim milk, and a pretty large ham and cheese breakfast sandwich. The sandwich tasted surprisingly good for frozen processed food. And I had more food than I probably normally eat on a regular day.

I look at it this way... The extra weight I'm carrying due to hormonal changes in my body can potentially be detrimental to my health. And while I believe that processed food is not very good for you, it is only for a few short months. The Jenny Craig Plan is designed to be convenient in a time when one is feeling extremely inconvenient. And if they can help me get my size 6 body back by not starving myself to death, then I'm all for it! Perhaps I won't "die" from this diet after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment